COMPANY NEWS: Software company OpenText releases an update to the OpenText Content Cloud as part of the Cloud Editions 21.4 launch at OpenText World.
“To empower a distributed workforce, organisations need to provide their employees with content in context,” comments OpenText CEO and chief technological officer Mark J. Barrenechea.
“The OpenText Content Cloud integrates with the applications employees use every day, making it easy to collaborate and access information from anywhere in the organisation, improving productivity, enabling automation and strengthening governance.”
The OpenText Content Cloud connects information from across the enterprise with the people and systems that need it. From capture to collaboration, content management and archiving, the Content Cloud provides the tools to support a distributed workforce, integrated into the business applications employees use every day.
The new innovations in CE 21.4 provide deeper business application integrations, new collaboration support, improved eSignature, AI-driven information extraction, and risk management, and new eDiscovery capabilities.
Business application integration
With CE 21.4, Core Content now integrates with SAP S/4HANA, Salesforce, Microsoft 365, and OpenText Core Case Management. This provides organisations with a SaaS content services platform that employees access and share the documents they need within the applications they use every day.
- Integration with the Salesforce Sales and Service Cloud adds content management capabilities for Salesforce users and admins
- Integration with Microsoft 365 combines the business content management capabilities of Core Content with collaboration and co-authoring directly in Teams
- Integration with OpenText Core Case Management adds process automation to manage the content lifecycle in the context of business processes
OpenText Documentum users can now benefit from integration with the Salesforce Sales and Service Cloud.
Extended ECM Documentum for Salesforce introduces access from the Salesforce UI to content in Documentum, ensuring regulatory compliance while driving sales opportunities and improving customer service.
Meta data and search
OpenText is powering intelligent capture by adding next generation Information Extraction Engine (IEE) machine learning. It reduces setup costs and provides document classification and data extraction, enriching meta data to improve the quality and value of content as it comes into the business.
Customers also benefit from text search and automated redaction in OpenText Intelligent Viewing, which extracts more data from imaged content.
Hybrid work loads
Organisations can add value by integrating Core Solution to their off-cloud applications. With CE 21.4 they can now:
- Add value to Extended ECM use cases with integrations to SaaS solutions including Core Share and Core Signature
- Capture incoming documents for Vendor Invoice Management with Core Capture
- Improve supplier relationships and share information with Extended ECM for Engineering and Core for Supplier Exchange
- Store SAP and non-SAP information from SAP S/4HANA Private Cloud and SAP ERP with Core Archive
OpenText Magellan Risk Guard leverages AI capabilities to uncover and act on risky or inappropriate data potentially stored on systems. It can detect and classify inappropriate content across large volumes of data including image, audio, and video files.
- UI now displays custom-integrated PII and Sensitive PII models and classifications
- Intelligent Viewer now provides viewing capabilities so users can review content in full, and decide on the necessary action
- Identify and remediate encrypted and secured files, such as password-protected PDFs, that prevent automated analysis
The addition of robust RegEx capabilities and pre-configured PII pattern recognition to OpenText Axcelerate enhances eDiscovery and investigation review process, and ensures compliance with data privacy regulations.
OpenText Core Signature enables employees and third parties to sign quotes, contracts and other documents in a fast, compliant and hassle-free way. With CE 21.4:
- OpenText Core for SAP SuccessFactors integrates with Core Signature, allowing HR professionals to send documents to external candidates for digital signature
- OpenText Extended ECM allows users to request digital signature of any document in the system by anyone – internal or external – saving time and expediting processes such as loan applications
CE 21.4 adds solutions to support capital projects and to help organisations get ready for the return to the office or hybrid work.
- The new State Flow solution for OpenText Extended ECM for Engineering further automates and controls engineering work processes to keep projects and tasks on track
- The OpenText Return-to-Work Playbook Management helps organisations quickly create, approve and distribute their operational re-start plans and procedure
Mark J. Barrenechea and OpenText chief product officer Muhi Majzoub will also provide further details on Cloud Editions 21.4, as well as the roadmap for further innovations in the Content Cloud.
INTRODUCING ITWIRE TV
iTWire TV offers a unique value to the Tech Sector by providing a range of video interviews, news, views and reviews, and also provides the opportunity for vendors to promote your company and your marketing messages.
We work with you to develop the message and conduct the interview or product review in a safe and collaborative way. Unlike other Tech YouTube channels, we create a story around your message and post that on the homepage of ITWire, linking to your message.
In addition, your interview post message can be displayed in up to 7 different post displays on our the iTWire.com site to drive traffic and readers to your video content and downloads. This can be a significant Lead Generation opportunity for your business.
We also provide 3 videos in one recording/sitting if you require so that you have a series of videos to promote to your customers. Your sales team can add your emails to sales collateral and to the footer of their sales and marketing emails.
See the latest in Tech News, Views, Interviews, Reviews, Product Promos and Events. Plus funny videos from our readers and customers.